Tuesday 24 April 2012

Injury is now a job too

'I was installing a fire alarm and I was give the wrong type of ladder'. So the ladder slipped, I broke my fingers, and now I should have money for my incompetence. These fucking lawyers need to stop encouraging idiocracy. I thought the whole idea of money was that you earned it using your skill and labour, and used that to buy stuff, so how on earth can someone expect money from falling over? Did you injure yourself using equipment at work? Then let that be a lesson to you that you should do your fucking job and check the equipment first.

As far as I can tell these 'lawyers' steal money from other people to give to clumsy people. I live in the UK where we have the NHS, i.e. free health care, so if you get injured they fix you up for nothing, no money out of your pocket for being at a hospital. Also the lawyers help you claim up to 5 years after the accident happened, so even if you've recovered and are back working, you can still rob people. I'm not claiming to have been round the block a few times, but I have one little fact about life: it isn't fair.

If you don't know your own job well enough to know what ladder to use, should your employers have their reputation damaged and profit margins dented? If you're playing golf and lighting strikes the club, should you sue the manufacturers because they're made of metal? If you slip on ice on the street because you weren't watching where you were going, should every tax-payer give you money for the 'trauma' the street caused you? Damn right you shouldn't. I can understand that if you're on a plane and it crashes, you should have your damages paid for (and maybe your money back...and some free flights), or if you buy a laptop and it explodes when you take it out of the box then you should have a free (working) laptop. But if you're just an idiot, I hope you've learnt your lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment